- Florida power utilities fear return of ‘Green Governor’ Crist
- Cuba cracks down on goods in flyers’ luggage
- How social media helped Jay Fant and Jay Trumbull win their state House races
- Florida ranks No. 4 in U.S. for arrest-related deaths
- Gov. Rick Scott announces seven appointments, five reappointments
- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
Dem. challenger Jessica Ehrlich says U.S. Rep. Bill Young is ducking her
Democratic CD 13 candidate Jessica Ehrlich is challenging Republican U.S. Rep. Bill Young to a series of three televised debates, but says she’s yet to hear back. Ehrlich also says Young is ducking opportunities for them to address the same crowd.
From an Ehrlich press release this morning:
Last night, Bill Young ducked yet another public debate but today he found the time to speak behind closed doors at a members only reception. To date, this makes three missed opportunities for Young to engage in the democratic process by discussing the issues most important to the people of Pinellas.
Last night’s Seminole Chamber of Commerce and League of Women Voters forum was held in the same building as Young’s district congressional office and yet Young gave no reason for his absence from the event. Still running and hiding from his vote to turn medicare into a voucher program, Young could not even walk down the hall to address the crowd of voters gathered at the Forum to hear all other candidates in the area from County Commissioner to Sheriff. However, Bill Young did manage to find the time to speak at a closed-door, members-only event today.