- Today on Context Florida: Israel & Hamas, one-up California, wealth lobby and newspapers
- Golfer who beat 64-year-old with “piston-like punching,” denied Stand Your Ground defense by Florida judge
- AARP Florida releases “2014 Legislative Voting Record” on senior issues
- Price tag for new Gateway expressway is $454M
- Sunburn for 7/31 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Marco Rubio walks a thin line with medical marijuana support
Dem. challenger Jessica Ehrlich says U.S. Rep. Bill Young is ducking her
Democratic CD 13 candidate Jessica Ehrlich is challenging Republican U.S. Rep. Bill Young to a series of three televised debates, but says she’s yet to hear back. Ehrlich also says Young is ducking opportunities for them to address the same crowd.
From an Ehrlich press release this morning:
Last night, Bill Young ducked yet another public debate but today he found the time to speak behind closed doors at a members only reception. To date, this makes three missed opportunities for Young to engage in the democratic process by discussing the issues most important to the people of Pinellas.
Last night’s Seminole Chamber of Commerce and League of Women Voters forum was held in the same building as Young’s district congressional office and yet Young gave no reason for his absence from the event. Still running and hiding from his vote to turn medicare into a voucher program, Young could not even walk down the hall to address the crowd of voters gathered at the Forum to hear all other candidates in the area from County Commissioner to Sheriff. However, Bill Young did manage to find the time to speak at a closed-door, members-only event today.