- No DC gridlock for gay marriage, legal marijuana
- Mayor Kriseman to focus on budding Warehouse Arts District during 3-day urban planning consortium
- Ross Spano takes 13-point lead over Donna Lee Fore in House District 59
- Costa Farms challenges Charlotte’s Web rules; DOH Secretary asks about compassion
- Campaigns set to begin final drive, absentee and early voting changes calendar
- Guess which poll is missing from Marc Caputo’s unscrewing of the gubernatorial polls?
All indications point to a nice bounce for Obama
The latest Gallup Poll finds President Obama has received a slight uptick in his poll numbers this week.
Obama’s approval rating stands at 52%, his highest mark since June 2011, while 43% disapprove.
Obama now leads Mitt Romney in the presidential race, 48% to 45%. However, the rolling nature of the tracking poll means any impact of the Democratic convention is not fully reflected in the numbers.
The Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll also shows early signs of an Obama bounce.