- Today on Context Florida: Prisons, immigration, bike trail connector and managing money
- The strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Sunshine State News
- Sunburn for 7/25 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Gaza in Miami?
- Gray|Robinson launches new practice group that includes focus on medical marijuana
- Gov. Scott and the bike trail: What a difference an election year makes
All indications point to a nice bounce for Obama
The latest Gallup Poll finds President Obama has received a slight uptick in his poll numbers this week.
Obama’s approval rating stands at 52%, his highest mark since June 2011, while 43% disapprove.
Obama now leads Mitt Romney in the presidential race, 48% to 45%. However, the rolling nature of the tracking poll means any impact of the Democratic convention is not fully reflected in the numbers.
The Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll also shows early signs of an Obama bounce.