- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
Romney up with two new spots in Florida
Mitt Romney’s campaign on Friday released two new spots in Florida, one focusing on foreclosures and another on defense jobs, reports Nora McAlvanah of FLDemocracy2012.com
In the spot, titled “A Better Future: Florida – Home Values,” a narrator says Florida is not better off with one of the highest foreclosure rates in the nation.
The ad makes the case that, on the president’s watch, “home values collapsed” and construction jobs were lost.
The narrator says Romney will provide alternatives to foreclosure and create over seven hundred thousand new jobs for Florida.
The other new ad, titled “A Better Future: Florida – Defense,” says Romney’s plan would “reverse Obama defense cuts.” That spot also closes with a pledge to create seven hundred thousand new jobs in the state.
The two Florida spots are part of 15 new ads the Romney campaign launched Friday in eight battleground states.