- New House Majority PAC ad blasts Steve Southerland for forgetting the folks back home
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
Romney up with two new spots in Florida
Mitt Romney’s campaign on Friday released two new spots in Florida, one focusing on foreclosures and another on defense jobs, reports Nora McAlvanah of FLDemocracy2012.com
In the spot, titled “A Better Future: Florida – Home Values,” a narrator says Florida is not better off with one of the highest foreclosure rates in the nation.
The ad makes the case that, on the president’s watch, “home values collapsed” and construction jobs were lost.
The narrator says Romney will provide alternatives to foreclosure and create over seven hundred thousand new jobs for Florida.
The other new ad, titled “A Better Future: Florida – Defense,” says Romney’s plan would “reverse Obama defense cuts.” That spot also closes with a pledge to create seven hundred thousand new jobs in the state.
The two Florida spots are part of 15 new ads the Romney campaign launched Friday in eight battleground states.