- Today on Context Florida: Winston’s misogynistic outburst, FSU, John Thrasher and polling basics
- Libertarian an alternative in governor’s race
- Personnel note: Stearns Weaver Miller adds two governmental affairs, land development experts
- Sunburn for 9/22 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Party money flowing to Pinellas House races
- Patrick Murphy to seek national Silver Alert program
Actually, Romney got a negative bounce out of the convention
The Princeton Election Consortium finds Mitt Romney actually got a negative bounce coming out of his convention.
“Indeed, it appears that the race shifted towards President Obama by 6-15 EV, or about 1.0% of Popular Vote Meta-Margin. From an analytical perspective, a negative bounce is quite remarkable because all the talk in recent weeks has been of bounces being smaller or zero, but always in the hosting party’s favor. It is all the more remarkable because of the relatively small number of state polls over the last week, so that the Meta-analysis’s inputs have not fully turned over… So the negative bounce may be larger than what is shown in the graph. Such an event would have been missed in past years (and even this year) because national polls don’t have the best resolution.”
Via The Political Wire.