- Polk County business alliance launches “No Tax No Way” online campaign
- Tampa Bay Rays pitch $25,000 into Greenlight Pinellas campaign
- Rick Scott campaign approaches $8M in fundraising
- Carlos Curbelo calls Medicare and Social Security “Ponzi schemes” in DC talk
- Florida Supreme Court holds testy hearing on secret evidence
- Florida Democrats pounce as 6,000 Florida jobs disappear
Jennifer Carroll likes the Dolphin’s new defense
Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll, whose son Nolan is a member of the Miami Dolphins’ secondary, evidently pays more than a little attention to the team. And she knows what she’s talking about, according to her son via the News Service of Florida.
“I didn’t think she knew about it, but she was like, ‘I like the 4-3 because now we have Cam (Wake) on the line at all times,’” Carroll said Thursday. “I was like, ‘That’s weird. You knew about that?’”
Nolan Carroll also responded to allegations by a former aide to the lieutenant governor that the employee walked in on Jennifer Carroll and another female aide in a “compromising position.” In short, he says the accusations are “crazy.”
But there’s no word yet on whether Jennifer Carroll — or, for that matter, Gov. Rick Scott — have any thoughts on the hiring of Joe Philbin to lead the Dolphins. Miami’s 2012 season kicks off Sunday at the Houston Texans.