- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Jennifer Carroll likes the Dolphin’s new defense
Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll, whose son Nolan is a member of the Miami Dolphins’ secondary, evidently pays more than a little attention to the team. And she knows what she’s talking about, according to her son via the News Service of Florida.
“I didn’t think she knew about it, but she was like, ‘I like the 4-3 because now we have Cam (Wake) on the line at all times,’” Carroll said Thursday. “I was like, ‘That’s weird. You knew about that?’”
Nolan Carroll also responded to allegations by a former aide to the lieutenant governor that the employee walked in on Jennifer Carroll and another female aide in a “compromising position.” In short, he says the accusations are “crazy.”
But there’s no word yet on whether Jennifer Carroll — or, for that matter, Gov. Rick Scott — have any thoughts on the hiring of Joe Philbin to lead the Dolphins. Miami’s 2012 season kicks off Sunday at the Houston Texans.