- Scottworld memo marks 100 days to election while new poll shows Scott leading Crist by 5
- Chris Latvala passes $180K fundraising mark for HD 67 race
- Greenlight campaign takes in another $26K from July 5-18
- Jay Trumbull raises head-turning $26,500 in just two weeks for HD 6 race
- John Shannon adds $4,700 in two-week fundraising for HD 40
- Chris Sprowls has now raised $168K for HD 65 bid
Poll: Democrat Frank Bruno and Republican Dorothy Hukill in dead heat for Senate District 68
According to a new survey conducted by St. Pete Polls, Hukill is at 41.9% in the polls, with Bruno all but tied at 41.0%.
Newly drawn, District 8′s Republican and Democratic registrations were only 1 point apart — 38 percent Democrat and 37 percent Republican, with 25 percent of the voters without a party or signed up with a third party.
The poll of likely voters was conducted Sept. 1 through Sept. 3.
As for the veracity of St. Pete Polls data, I wrote this analysis about their numbers vs. actual results and determined, “Its results in the most important races outweigh its askew numbers in down-ballot campaigns. Moreover, the residents and voters involved in these races should be grateful for St. Pete Polls’ contribution to the public debate.”