- Today on Context Florida: Pam Bondi, Hamas tunnels and the importance of moving on
- Shawn Harrison breaks $112K mark in bid to retake HD 63
- Is John Thrasher really Rachel Burgin?
- Gov. Scott announces thirteen state regulatory appointments
- The latest on the legislative staffing merry-go-round
- Pam Bondi at nearly $1.5M raised for re-election
Richard Corcoran’s opponent in HD 37 drops out; Speaker Designate officially on way back to Tallahassee
“I no longer wish to run for office,” Harris wrote in an August 22 letter to the Florida Division of Elections.
Harris presence on the ballot, just as a write-in candidate, meant that the Republican primary between incumbent Richard Corcoran and first-time candidate Strother Hammond was closed to Democrats and Independents.
With Harris’ withdrawal Corcoran, who is designated to be Speaker of the House in 2017, is officially on his way back to Tallahassee.
Not that there ever was any doubt.