- News media wants access to redistricting records
- Carlos Lopez-Cantera talks Cuban embargo, Florida Hispanics and working with Rick Scott
- Sunburn for 7/22 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- SpaceX chooses Texas for launch facility, a setback for Space Florida
- Tampa Tribune issues endorsements in Pinellas Commission primaries
- Unilever to lay off more than 200 in Clearwater plant closure
Richard Corcoran’s opponent in HD 37 drops out; Speaker Designate officially on way back to Tallahassee
“I no longer wish to run for office,” Harris wrote in an August 22 letter to the Florida Division of Elections.
Harris presence on the ballot, just as a write-in candidate, meant that the Republican primary between incumbent Richard Corcoran and first-time candidate Strother Hammond was closed to Democrats and Independents.
With Harris’ withdrawal Corcoran, who is designated to be Speaker of the House in 2017, is officially on his way back to Tallahassee.
Not that there ever was any doubt.