- Dwight Dudley lead over Bill Young in HD 68 drops to single point
- Rick Scott lead widens 44% to 39% against Charlie Crist in new WFLA poll
- GOP HD 65 hopeful Chris Sprowls opens six-point gap with Carl Zimmerman
- New Charlie Crist ad knocks “Shady” Rick Scott’s education cuts
- Universities want boost in aid for needy students
- Jeff Brandes endorses Bill Young for House District 68
Richard Corcoran’s opponent in HD 37 drops out; Speaker Designate officially on way back to Tallahassee
“I no longer wish to run for office,” Harris wrote in an August 22 letter to the Florida Division of Elections.
Harris presence on the ballot, just as a write-in candidate, meant that the Republican primary between incumbent Richard Corcoran and first-time candidate Strother Hammond was closed to Democrats and Independents.
With Harris’ withdrawal Corcoran, who is designated to be Speaker of the House in 2017, is officially on his way back to Tallahassee.
Not that there ever was any doubt.