- U.S. House OKs bill to address border crisis; Obama condemns it
- In light of redistricting ruling, Senate President urges members not to throw out any relevant docs, files
- Growers and lobbyists not high on second draft of pot rules
- Write-in candidate files emergency motion in HD 64 decision
- Rick Scott campaign pulls in another $397K
- Batman creator’s personal copies to be auctioned
Obama outraised Romney by $2.4 million in August
President Obama raised $114 million last month, and Mitt Romney took in $111.6 million. Romney’s campaign, including the RNC and state parties it raises money through, have about $168.5 million cash on hand. The Obama camp has not announced how much they have. Boston announced their numbers at midnight, and Chicago responded with theirs at 12:22. Chicago is highlighting that they had 1.1 million donors last month, including 317 thousand new ones. The Romney camp is highlighting that 94 percent (or 822,223) of their donations were for $250 or less, accounting for $34.6 million of his haul. Chicago says 98 percent of Obama’s donations were for $250 or less, and that the average gift was $58.