- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
- The ‘burg heats up this weekend with Vans Warped Tour, Rays & Rowdies
- Chuck Todd’s thoughts on polling and whether they apply to Crist vs. Scott
- Today on Context Florida: Prisons, immigration, bike trail connector and managing money
- The strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Sunshine State News
- Sunburn for 7/25 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
Three county GOP chairs join lawsuit on early voting
Brown’s lawsuit challenging the 2011 decision by state lawmakers to reduce the number of early voting days from a maximum of 14 to eight is pending in federal court in Jacksonville. The Florida Times Union reported that the judge in the case, U.S. District Judge Timothy Corrigan, accepted a motion Monday to allow the Republican Parties of Broward, Clay and Sarasota counties join in the suit. The three counties say their interests aren’t represented by the state and the local supervisor of elections, who are the defendants.