- Largo Commissioner Curtis Holmes SHOULD NOT resign over THAT!
- Hang on a second … City’s Al Lang management deal with Bill Edwards may not be off the table
- Study: Americans endure unwanted care near death
- Judithanne McLauchlan challenges Sen. Jeff Brandes to debates already scheduled
- Personnel note: Fiorentino Group’s Bo Bohannon to retire, while Tom Griffin is set to to join firm
- Conservative Hillsborough commissioners change course on domestic partnership registry
Sen. Bill Nelson suggest murder of Ambassador in #Libya revenge for U.S. killing of al Qaeda #2, Abu Yahya al-Libi
“I am shocked and saddened by the deaths of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other fellow citizens. And I share the grief of their families and colleagues.
“These murders have the markings of revenge by al Qaeda for the death of the number two leader of the terrorist group, Abu Yahya al-Libi. The Associated Press has reported that the killing in June of al-Libi was the biggest setback to al Qaeda since the death of Osama Bin Laden.
“In light of Monday night’s Internet-video statement by the head of al Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahiri, who urged Libyans to attack Americans to avenge the recent death of al-Libi, I am asking my colleagues on the Senate Intelligence Committee to immediately investigate what role al Qaeda or its affiliates may have played in the attacks in Libya and Egypt, and to urge appropriate action.
“For the safety of the remaining Americans, we need to secure our embassies in North Africa and around the world – and to stop terrorist-inspired mobs from doing evil deeds.
“We also need to quickly find and bring to justice those who committed these heinous acts.
“Again, all our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who have fallen and those who are still serving on the front lines.”