- GE plant to bring 250 jobs to Clearwater and $50 million in capital investment
- Daniel Diaz Leyva hits $200,000 raised mark in House District 112 race
- Ted Yoho is “biggest threat to GOP” in midterms, columnist says
- Times editorial: Rick Scott must stop misleading voters about rail
- First bills filed for 2015 legislative session
- Arthenia Joyner endorses Sean Shaw in HD 61
Question of the day: “Will Reince Priebus say anything in order to gain a moment’s political advantage?”
RNC chairman Reince Preibus provided this tweet last night:
Obama sympathizes with attackers in Egypt. Sad and pathetic.
The Atlantic‘s Jeffrey Goldberg, who is hardly a lefty, offered this tart response to Preibus:
Really? The president who is waging war against Islamist extremists in six or seven countries “sympathizes” with their fellow travelers in Egypt? Please provide proof, Mr. Priebus. Otherwise this is slander. And also, a question: Will Reince Priebus say anything in order to gain a moment’s political advantage?
Good question, but Preibus is just following his party’s nominee and the strongest desires of his party’s activist “base.”