- No DC gridlock for gay marriage, legal marijuana
- Mayor Kriseman to focus on budding Warehouse Arts District during 3-day urban planning consortium
- Ross Spano takes 13-point lead over Donna Lee Fore in House District 59
- Costa Farms challenges Charlotte’s Web rules; DOH Secretary asks about compassion
- Campaigns set to begin final drive, absentee and early voting changes calendar
- Guess which poll is missing from Marc Caputo’s unscrewing of the gubernatorial polls?
Question of the day: “Will Reince Priebus say anything in order to gain a moment’s political advantage?”
RNC chairman Reince Preibus provided this tweet last night:
Obama sympathizes with attackers in Egypt. Sad and pathetic.
The Atlantic‘s Jeffrey Goldberg, who is hardly a lefty, offered this tart response to Preibus:
Really? The president who is waging war against Islamist extremists in six or seven countries “sympathizes” with their fellow travelers in Egypt? Please provide proof, Mr. Priebus. Otherwise this is slander. And also, a question: Will Reince Priebus say anything in order to gain a moment’s political advantage?
Good question, but Preibus is just following his party’s nominee and the strongest desires of his party’s activist “base.”