- Another lobbyist insists Pat Gerard was “trolling for money” in April
- TBT: Happy birthday to the CIA and NSA, and some less celebratory dates in these agencies’ pasts
- The coming war between Rick Kriseman and Bill Edwards
- Today on Context Florida: Sports fans, Joan Rivers, FSU hypocrisy and Jameis Winston redux
- Sunburn for 9/18 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Polling 101 con’t: Phone calls versus online surveying
Fox News poll: Obama expands lead over Romney
A new Fox News poll finds President Obama got a five point bounce among women and a 12-point bounce among independents from the Democratic convention.
Obama now leads Mitt Romney by five points among likely voters, 48% to 43%.
“The poll finds the president has a significant advantage on most issues and candidate traits. Voters trust Obama more than Romney on foreign policy (+15 points), education (+14 points), Medicare (+11 points), health care (+9 points) and terrorism (+8 points). Romney bests Obama outright on just one issue: cutting government spending (+13 points).”