- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Shocking: Pew report says Pinterest is dominated by women!
I really don’t know what gave this secret away? It wouldn’t be the tens of thousands of boards dedicated to women’s outfits, DIY craft projects, recipes and wedding dresses.
Anyway, here’s an overview of the report, which is the first time that the Pew has asked questions about Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr.
46% of internet users post original photos and videos online they have created themselves and 41% curate photos and videos they find elsewhere on the internet and post on image-sharing sites. Women are more likely than men to use Pinterest, while Instagram and Tumblr attract equal shares of men and women.
A nationally representative phone survey by the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project finds that:
- 46% of adult internet users post original photos or videos online that they themselves have created. We call them creators.
- 41% of adult internet users take photos or videos that they have found online and repost them on sites designed for sharing images with many people. We call them curators.
Overall, 56% of internet users do at least one of the creating or curating activities we studied and 32% of internet users do both creating and curating activities.