- Patrick Murphy to seek national Silver Alert program
- How the First District Court of Appeal ignored Florida voters
- On Tim Morgan: The man behind the man behind the fight for medical marijuana in Florida
- 5 things to know about possible Senate uncertainty
- Declining median incomes becomes anti-Rick Scott talking point for Fla. Dems
- Astronauts getting 3-D printer at space station
Major Texas conservative donor Bob Perry contributes $250K to @WillWeatherford’s committee
Major Texas conservative donor Bob J. Perry this week contributed $250,000 to a political committee led by incoming Florida House Speaker Will Weatherford, according to the committee’s website via the News Service of Florida.
The donation is the single largest contribution that the Committee for a Conservative House has received since being founded by Weatherford last year, though Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida has given a series of donations totaling $375,000, the website and state election records show.
Perry, a Houston builder, has contributed millions of dollars nationally to conservative political committees such as American Crossroads and Restore Our Future, which backs Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. The Committee for a Conservative House has funneled money this year to state and local Republican candidates and to other political committees.