- Judge upholds blind trust used by Rick Scott
- Florida State law professor Daniel Markel was killed in his car
- Democratic House candidate Shawna Vercher’s financial disclosures raise more questions than answers
- Gay marriage case could head to Florida Supreme Court
- Wall Street spending $1.5 million a day on federal lobbying
- Florida among best states to “be female,” new study says
Another hour, another hidden camera story about Romney; this time he says it would be helpful to be Latino
It seems like we can’t go a full news cycle without another hidden camera catching Mitt Romney saying something ridiculous.
A hidden camera caught Romney joking at a fundraiser that he might have a better chance at winning the election if he had Mexican grandparents.
“My dad, as you probably know, was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company,” said Romney. “But he was born in Mexico… and had he been born of Mexican parents, I’d have a better shot at winning this. But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. He lived there for a number of years. I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino.”