- GE plant to bring 250 jobs to Clearwater and $50 million in capital investment
- Daniel Diaz Leyva hits $200,000 raised mark in House District 112 race
- Ted Yoho is “biggest threat to GOP” in midterms, columnist says
- Times editorial: Rick Scott must stop misleading voters about rail
- First bills filed for 2015 legislative session
- Arthenia Joyner endorses Sean Shaw in HD 61
Another hour, another hidden camera story about Romney; this time he says it would be helpful to be Latino
It seems like we can’t go a full news cycle without another hidden camera catching Mitt Romney saying something ridiculous.
A hidden camera caught Romney joking at a fundraiser that he might have a better chance at winning the election if he had Mexican grandparents.
“My dad, as you probably know, was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company,” said Romney. “But he was born in Mexico… and had he been born of Mexican parents, I’d have a better shot at winning this. But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. He lived there for a number of years. I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino.”