- Dwight Dudley lead over Bill Young in HD 68 drops to single point
- Rick Scott lead widens 44% to 39% against Charlie Crist in new WFLA poll
- GOP HD 65 hopeful Chris Sprowls opens six-point gap with Carl Zimmerman
- New Charlie Crist ad knocks “Shady” Rick Scott’s education cuts
- Universities want boost in aid for needy students
- Jeff Brandes endorses Bill Young for House District 68
American Airlines will lay off 1,414 workers in Florida
The layoff notice comes eight days after American Eagle, a regional carrier and an American Airlines subsidiary, gave notice to 146 employees that they may be out of work. The potential layoffs are the latest sign of belt tightening for the air carrier that filed for bankruptcy reorganization in November 2011. The Miami Herald reported that the bulk of layoffs will occur at the airline’s Miami hub. The layoff notice, filed with the Department of Economic Opportunity on Tuesday, includes 668 fleet service clerks and crew chiefs, 323 mechanics, 174 plant maintenance workers and 102 airport agents.
Via the News Service of Florida.