- Rick Scott pollster puts him up in three-way race, 50% in head-to-head
- Rubio: Same-sex marriage foes face ‘intolerance’
- Greenlight campaign drops first mailer
- Groups ask judge to move election and draw new map
- Firm criticized for design of Enterprise Florida’s re-branding runs into similar trouble in Clearwater
- GOP House candidates Dane Eagle, Chris Sprowls each launch new TV ads
American Airlines will lay off 1,414 workers in Florida
The layoff notice comes eight days after American Eagle, a regional carrier and an American Airlines subsidiary, gave notice to 146 employees that they may be out of work. The potential layoffs are the latest sign of belt tightening for the air carrier that filed for bankruptcy reorganization in November 2011. The Miami Herald reported that the bulk of layoffs will occur at the airline’s Miami hub. The layoff notice, filed with the Department of Economic Opportunity on Tuesday, includes 668 fleet service clerks and crew chiefs, 323 mechanics, 174 plant maintenance workers and 102 airport agents.
Via the News Service of Florida.