- Associated Industries makes endorsements in key legislative races
- Sen. Kelli Stargel launches broadside against consultant Anthony Pedicini, while weighing in on HD 40 race
- Marco Rubio special guest at Iowa Republicans picnic
- Gov. Scott questions Citizens travel costs
- Driving high questioned on busy day in Congress
- Charlie Crist releases new ad “Up Here,” attacking Rick Scott for focusing on those darn special interests
Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder at political fundraiser in Tampa tmrw. Oh yeah, Barack Obama will be there, too.
The Hillsborough County Democratic Party is hosting an evening reception with the president at the Tampa home of Lisa DeBartolo and husband Donn Miggs, with a special performance by Eddie Vedder, lead singer of Pearl Jam. The exact address will be given out when guests RSVP.
DeBartolo is the executive vice president of DeBartolo Holdings LLC and the daughter of Edward DeBartolo Jr., the former owner of the San Francisco 49ers.
The fundraiser isn’t cheap. According to the Hillsborough County Democratic Party, tickets are $20,000. This is expected be Obama’s last major fundraiser before the end of this financial reporting cycle so organizers are hoping for a big turnout.
Material from D’Ann White of Clearwater Patch was used in this report.