- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
Pew: Obama opens up eight point lead over Romney
A new Pew Research survey finds President Obama now leads Mitt Romney nationally by eight points among likely voters, 51% to 43%.
“Not only does Obama enjoy a substantial lead in the horserace, he tops Romney on a number of key dimensions. His support is stronger than his rival’s, and is positive rather than negative. Mitt Romney’s backers are more ardent than they were pre-convention, but are still not as enthusiastic as Obama’s. Roughly half of Romney’s supporters say they are voting against Obama rather than for the Republican nominee.”