- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder at political fundraiser in Tampa today; Oh yeah, Barack Obama will be there, too
The Hillsborough County Democratic Party announced that the evening reception with the president is at the Tampa home of Lisa DeBartolo and husband Donn Miggs, with a special performance by Eddie Vedder, lead singer of Pearl Jam. The exact address will be given out when guests RSVP.
DeBartolo is the executive vice president of DeBartolo Holdings LLC and the daughter of Edward DeBartolo Jr., the former owner of the San Francisco 49ers.
The fundraiser isn’t cheap. According to the Hillsborough County Democratic Party, tickets are $20,000. This is expected be Obama’s last major fundraiser before the end of this financial reporting cycle so organizers are hoping for a big turnout.
Material from D’Ann White was used in this report.