- Probe exposes flaws behind Healthcare.gov rollout
- Colin Powell maybe not told early about CIA techniques
- Sunshine Law violation charges dropped against Chris Dorworth’s girlfriend, Rebekah Hammond
- Ethics panel tosses complaints against Rick Scott, Charlie Crist
- U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy introduces legislation to restore Indian River Lagoon
- Reggie Fullwood sues state over disqualification in HD 113 race
Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder at political fundraiser in Tampa today; Oh yeah, Barack Obama will be there, too
The Hillsborough County Democratic Party announced that the evening reception with the president is at the Tampa home of Lisa DeBartolo and husband Donn Miggs, with a special performance by Eddie Vedder, lead singer of Pearl Jam. The exact address will be given out when guests RSVP.
DeBartolo is the executive vice president of DeBartolo Holdings LLC and the daughter of Edward DeBartolo Jr., the former owner of the San Francisco 49ers.
The fundraiser isn’t cheap. According to the Hillsborough County Democratic Party, tickets are $20,000. This is expected be Obama’s last major fundraiser before the end of this financial reporting cycle so organizers are hoping for a big turnout.
Material from D’Ann White was used in this report.