- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
- Palace intrigue: Lame Duck Adam Hollingsworth desperately seeking an exit strategy
- School Boards Association very concerned about Lee County’s vote to abandon standardized testing
Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder at political fundraiser in Tampa today; Oh yeah, Barack Obama will be there, too
The Hillsborough County Democratic Party announced that the evening reception with the president is at the Tampa home of Lisa DeBartolo and husband Donn Miggs, with a special performance by Eddie Vedder, lead singer of Pearl Jam. The exact address will be given out when guests RSVP.
DeBartolo is the executive vice president of DeBartolo Holdings LLC and the daughter of Edward DeBartolo Jr., the former owner of the San Francisco 49ers.
The fundraiser isn’t cheap. According to the Hillsborough County Democratic Party, tickets are $20,000. This is expected be Obama’s last major fundraiser before the end of this financial reporting cycle so organizers are hoping for a big turnout.
Material from D’Ann White was used in this report.