- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
- The ‘burg heats up this weekend with Vans Warped Tour, Rays & Rowdies
- Chuck Todd’s thoughts on polling and whether they apply to Crist vs. Scott
- Today on Context Florida: Prisons, immigration, bike trail connector and managing money
- The strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Sunshine State News
Rick Scott approval rating still upside down, according to Fox News poll; women disapprove 55% to 34%
Governor Rick Scott’s approval rating is still upside down (has it ever been in positive territory?), according to a Fox News poll, which also showed Mitt Romney trailing Barack Obama.
Voters were asked if they “approve or disapprove of the job Rick Scott is doing as governor” and 39 percent said they approve, while 49 percent disapprove, reports Mary Ellen Klas of the Miami Herald.
Those numbers are mirrored among Florida’s crucial independent voters and those with no college degrees. Floridians with college degrees think he’s not measuring up by a margin of 51 percent to 31 percent while independent voters disapprove of him 48-39 percent.
The gap is especially wide among women voters, who disapprove of the governor by a 55 percent to 34 percent margin.