- College Football Playoff era begins
- Bill Clinton to campaign for Charlie Crist in Miami on Friday
- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
The end has finally come for ‘Paw-mentum’ as Tim Pawleny takes lobbying gig
Tim Pawlenty “has been chosen as the new head of The Financial Services Roundtable, a lobbying group, Politico reports.
The group lobbies on behalf of large banks, insurance companies and other major players in the world of finance. The decision is expected to be announced Thursday morning.
“Taking a high-paying Washington job means he does not plan to run for governor or senator back home in Minnesota next cycle,” notes James Hohmann. “If he decides to get back into politics down the road, his ties to DC and Wall Street could hurt.”
This also suggests that TPaw, who got passed over for Paul Ryan as Mitt Romney’s running mate, was not counting on a cabinet job opening up next January.