- News media wants access to redistricting records
- Carlos Lopez-Cantera talks Cuban embargo, Florida Hispanics and working with Rick Scott
- Sunburn for 7/22 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- SpaceX chooses Texas for launch facility, a setback for Space Florida
- Tampa Tribune issues endorsements in Pinellas Commission primaries
- Unilever to lay off more than 200 in Clearwater plant closure
The end has finally come for ‘Paw-mentum’ as Tim Pawleny takes lobbying gig
Tim Pawlenty “has been chosen as the new head of The Financial Services Roundtable, a lobbying group, Politico reports.
The group lobbies on behalf of large banks, insurance companies and other major players in the world of finance. The decision is expected to be announced Thursday morning.
“Taking a high-paying Washington job means he does not plan to run for governor or senator back home in Minnesota next cycle,” notes James Hohmann. “If he decides to get back into politics down the road, his ties to DC and Wall Street could hurt.”
This also suggests that TPaw, who got passed over for Paul Ryan as Mitt Romney’s running mate, was not counting on a cabinet job opening up next January.