- Tampa Bay Times offers nickel-dick correction to King Ranch story
- WFLA poll: Rick Scott 44%, Charlie Crist 41%
- Obamacare losing its punch as a political tool for Republicans
- City of Tallahassee fights ethics proposal
- Trial lawyer-funded mailer attacks candidate for being a, um, “trial lawyer”
- After merger, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney makes splash with $733K in Q2 lobbying fees
In HD 67, Ed Hooper has big cash haul
Republican incumbent Ed Hooper raised $37,675 between Aug. 10 and Sept. 14, likely adding to his huge financial lead over Democratic challenger Ben Farrell in House District 67, newly filed records via the News Service of Florida show.
Hooper reported an overall total of $192,915. Contributors during the most-recent period ranged from the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees to the Florida Retail Federation. Farrell’s contributions during the latest reporting period had not been posted on the state Division of Elections website early Thursday afternoon, but the Clearwater Democrat had raised a total of $9,810 through Aug. 9.