- Polk County business alliance launches “No Tax No Way” online campaign
- Tampa Bay Rays pitch $25,000 into Greenlight Pinellas campaign
- Rick Scott campaign approaches $8M in fundraising
- Carlos Curbelo calls Medicare and Social Security “Ponzi schemes” in DC talk
- Florida Supreme Court holds testy hearing on secret evidence
- Florida Democrats pounce as 6,000 Florida jobs disappear
In HD 67, Ed Hooper has big cash haul
Republican incumbent Ed Hooper raised $37,675 between Aug. 10 and Sept. 14, likely adding to his huge financial lead over Democratic challenger Ben Farrell in House District 67, newly filed records via the News Service of Florida show.
Hooper reported an overall total of $192,915. Contributors during the most-recent period ranged from the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees to the Florida Retail Federation. Farrell’s contributions during the latest reporting period had not been posted on the state Division of Elections website early Thursday afternoon, but the Clearwater Democrat had raised a total of $9,810 through Aug. 9.