- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Appeals court refuses to reconsider Levey qualification case
- Jeff Brandes, Maria Sachs lead in two-week fundraising period
- Orlando-area House challengers gain fundraising ground, with help of Florida GOP
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
A reminder to thank On3 PR’s Christina Johnson today
If not, you should thank Johnson, president of On 3 Public Relations, for completing the Herculean task of creating a comprehensive Campaign Finance Reports after each reporting deadline. This report is an absolute must-read for anyone interested in Florida politics.
One would think that the Florida Division of Elections, the department which overseas campaign finance reporting, would provide some sort of easy-to-read overall report, but, remember, it’s a government bureaucracy, so the Division of Elections does the exact opposite of whatever is easiest and most sensible. To get a complete picture of which candidates are raising what, one must point-and-click through each individual report. With hundreds of candidates running throughout the state, it’s daunting to do all of that in order to capture a comprehensive report.
But not too daunting for Johnson, whose Campaign Finance Report lists every legislative candidate’s most recent fundraising haul — what they raised, loaned, received in-kind, and spent — as well as their cumulative totals. Again, this report is must-read.
You can download your own copy of this report after midnight tonight at www.On3PR.com – just be sure to thank Christina Johnson when you do.