- Ted Yoho is “biggest threat to GOP” in midterms, columnist says
- Times editorial: Rick Scott must stop misleading voters about rail
- First bills filed for 2015 legislative session
- Arthenia Joyner endorses Sean Shaw in HD 61
- Please read: Taking a second look at our recent polls of SD 34 and HD 69
- New Florida Dem video asks “What is Rick Scott Hiding?”
Romney release 2011 tax return; pays an effective rate of 14.1%
In 2011, Mitt and Ann Romney paid $1,935,708 in taxes on $13,696,951 in mostly investment income, an effective tax rate of 14.1%.
Romney could have paid a lower tax rate in 2011 due to large charitable contributions, but voluntarily limited them — and paid more taxes as a result — to conform to his previous statements that he has paid at least 13% in taxes each year.