- U.S. House OKs bill to address border crisis; Obama condemns it
- In light of redistricting ruling, Senate President urges members not to throw out any relevant docs, files
- Growers and lobbyists not high on second draft of pot rules
- Write-in candidate files emergency motion in HD 64 decision
- Rick Scott campaign pulls in another $397K
- Batman creator’s personal copies to be auctioned
Romney release 2011 tax return; pays an effective rate of 14.1%
In 2011, Mitt and Ann Romney paid $1,935,708 in taxes on $13,696,951 in mostly investment income, an effective tax rate of 14.1%.
Romney could have paid a lower tax rate in 2011 due to large charitable contributions, but voluntarily limited them — and paid more taxes as a result — to conform to his previous statements that he has paid at least 13% in taxes each year.