- Previewing the Top 20 Florida House races to watch in 2014: House District 36
- Previewing the Top 20 Florida House races to watch in 2014: HD 29, HD 30, HD 47 & HD 49
- Previewing the Top 20 Florida House races to watch in 2014: HD 21, HD 25, HD 27
- New poll: Governor’s race tied, Amendment 2 passing
- University of Florida reports record donations
- Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists to gather for annual summit
Republican Halsey Beshears widens fundraising lead in HD 7
With a boost from the state GOP, Monticello Republican Halsey Beshears has built a large fund-raising lead over Democrat Robert Hill in the House District 7 race, new records via the News Service of Florida show.
Beshears received $73,400 in contributions between Aug. 10 and Sept. 14, with the Republican Party of Florida chipping in $44,000 of that amount. In all, Beshears has raised a total of $248,564, though much of that was spent before he won the August primary election. Hill, a Bristol Democrat, raised $11,150 during the latest reporting period and has collected a total of $54,825 for his primary and general-election campaigns.
The newly redrawn District 7, which includes a huge swath of rural north Florida, is effectively an open seat because Greenville Democrat Leonard Bembry decided to run for Congress this year.