- Rick Scott abandons tough talk from 2010 campaign
- SEC with five of top 10 of AP poll
- Lockheed Martin Orlando units get $122 million boost in F-35 support contracts
- A round-up of Sunday editorials from Florida’s leading newspapers
- Phosphates past being reduced to rubble
- Florida GOP makes final push for Rick Scott
Pundit Larry Sabato says Vern Buchanan win over Keith Fitzgerald now “likely”
National pundit Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball this week moved the Florida 16 race from a “lean” Republican seat to a “likely” win for Rep. Vern Buchanan. The move comes after news that Buchanan was cleared by the Justice department.
A day before Sabato released his new rankings, Buchanan was publicly endorsed by his opponent’s sister, Linda Fitzgerald Huber, who also donated to Buchanan’s re-election campaign.
“People everywhere are embracing Vern’s positive agenda of creating jobs, growing the economy and strengthening Medicare,” said spokeswoman Sally Tibbetts, “as Fitzgerald’s desperate and negative campaign backfires.”
Earlier this month, an independent poll showed Buchanan leading by nearly 20 points.