- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
- Meet John Morgan: The man behind the medical pot drive
- Today on Context Florida: The Internet, FSU president, student loans and high-stakes testing
Pundit Larry Sabato says Vern Buchanan win over Keith Fitzgerald now “likely”
National pundit Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball this week moved the Florida 16 race from a “lean” Republican seat to a “likely” win for Rep. Vern Buchanan. The move comes after news that Buchanan was cleared by the Justice department.
A day before Sabato released his new rankings, Buchanan was publicly endorsed by his opponent’s sister, Linda Fitzgerald Huber, who also donated to Buchanan’s re-election campaign.
“People everywhere are embracing Vern’s positive agenda of creating jobs, growing the economy and strengthening Medicare,” said spokeswoman Sally Tibbetts, “as Fitzgerald’s desperate and negative campaign backfires.”
Earlier this month, an independent poll showed Buchanan leading by nearly 20 points.