- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
- The ‘burg heats up this weekend with Vans Warped Tour, Rays & Rowdies
- Chuck Todd’s thoughts on polling and whether they apply to Crist vs. Scott
- Today on Context Florida: Prisons, immigration, bike trail connector and managing money
- The strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Sunshine State News
- Sunburn for 7/25 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
Pundit Larry Sabato says Vern Buchanan win over Keith Fitzgerald now “likely”
National pundit Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball this week moved the Florida 16 race from a “lean” Republican seat to a “likely” win for Rep. Vern Buchanan. The move comes after news that Buchanan was cleared by the Justice department.
A day before Sabato released his new rankings, Buchanan was publicly endorsed by his opponent’s sister, Linda Fitzgerald Huber, who also donated to Buchanan’s re-election campaign.
“People everywhere are embracing Vern’s positive agenda of creating jobs, growing the economy and strengthening Medicare,” said spokeswoman Sally Tibbetts, “as Fitzgerald’s desperate and negative campaign backfires.”
Earlier this month, an independent poll showed Buchanan leading by nearly 20 points.