- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
Peter Richter, libertarian challenging Rep. Kathleen Passidomo, loans $50K to his campaign
Libertarian candidate Peter Richter has loaned his campaign $50,000 as he tries to unseat state Rep. Kathleen Passidomo, R-Naples, in House District 106, according to newly filed campaign-finance records via the News Service of Florida.
Richter, a Naples resident who earlier this year reported a net worth of nearly $3.8 million, has received $5,821 in contributions since entering the race in 2011. Passidomo reported raising $6,350 between Aug. 10 and Sept. 14 — the latest reporting period — and had an overall total of $147,507.