- New House Majority PAC ad blasts Steve Southerland for forgetting the folks back home
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
Pinellas State Rep. Ed Hooper has big cash haul, is now at $192K for final campaign
Hooper reported an overall total of $192,915. Hooper collected checks from interests as diverse as the Florida AFL-CIO, Chiro-PAC, Disney and the Seminole Tribe. Hooper’s campaign has spent just $29,046, leaving the third-term incumbent with a healthy warchest for the general election.
Farrell raised $1,545 to bring his overall total to $11,355. One notable expenditure by Farrell, albeit on July 12, was to Bardine Hazlett Political Consulting, the firm of local Democratic strategists Johnny Bardine and Shari Hazlett.