- Previewing the Top 20 Florida House races to watch in 2014: House District 36
- Previewing the Top 20 Florida House races to watch in 2014: HD 29, HD 30, HD 47 & HD 49
- Previewing the Top 20 Florida House races to watch in 2014: HD 21, HD 25, HD 27
- New poll: Governor’s race tied, Amendment 2 passing
- University of Florida reports record donations
- Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists to gather for annual summit
This time around, Ellyn Bogdanoff outraises Maria Sachs in high-profile race for SD 34
Bogdanoff raised $94,841 during the period, bringing her overall total to $497,776; Sachs reported raising $63,866 during the period for an overall total of $274,426.
Still, the newly drawn district would appear to favor Sachs: Two years ago, voters selected Alex Sink over Rick Scott, 55 percent to 44 percent, and in 2008 the district voted for Barack Obama 58 percent to 42 percent.
However, as James Call of the Florida Current notes, Bogdanoff is an adept fundraiser and a candidate’s account is just one of the financial streams in running a political campaign. A host of various committees and the political parties raise and spend money on a candidate’s behalf.