- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
- Meet Kevin Cleary — one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
This time around, Ellyn Bogdanoff outraises Maria Sachs in high-profile race for SD 34
Bogdanoff raised $94,841 during the period, bringing her overall total to $497,776; Sachs reported raising $63,866 during the period for an overall total of $274,426.
Still, the newly drawn district would appear to favor Sachs: Two years ago, voters selected Alex Sink over Rick Scott, 55 percent to 44 percent, and in 2008 the district voted for Barack Obama 58 percent to 42 percent.
However, as James Call of the Florida Current notes, Bogdanoff is an adept fundraiser and a candidate’s account is just one of the financial streams in running a political campaign. A host of various committees and the political parties raise and spend money on a candidate’s behalf.