- No DC gridlock for gay marriage, legal marijuana
- Mayor Kriseman to focus on budding Warehouse Arts District during 3-day urban planning consortium
- Ross Spano takes 13-point lead over Donna Lee Fore in House District 59
- Costa Farms challenges Charlotte’s Web rules; DOH Secretary asks about compassion
- Campaigns set to begin final drive, absentee and early voting changes calendar
- Guess which poll is missing from Marc Caputo’s unscrewing of the gubernatorial polls?
Charlie Crist attends his first Democratic Party dinner
Attending the Hillsborough County Democratic Party at the Tampa Convention Center was former Republican Gov. Charlie Crist, now a no-party registrant, attending along with his wife, Carole, who actually is a registered Democrat.
I’m so excited — this is my first Democratic dinner,” she said. “I’m the Democrat, and he’s my guest.”
“I don’t really know that many Democrats yet,” she added. “I’m getting to know the family.”
Carole Crist said she was a registered Republican in New York before she and Crist were married, but switched her Florida registration to Democratic a year ago—“I just made the decision,” she said. “I was very impressed with the president.”
More from William March here.