- Florida Dems uses Duke Energy fees as Charlie Crist/Dwight Dudley campaign push
- State land sale garners more than $15 million for conservation purchases
- AP poll: FSU still atop Top 25; Texas A&M up 12 spots to No. 9
- George Sheldon’s new committee seeks Common Ground in solving Florida’s problems
- FMA PAC announces three more House incumbent endorsements
- Hernando Sheriff Al Nienhuis endorses Blaise Ingoglia for HD 35
Charlie Crist attends his first Democratic Party dinner
Attending the Hillsborough County Democratic Party at the Tampa Convention Center was former Republican Gov. Charlie Crist, now a no-party registrant, attending along with his wife, Carole, who actually is a registered Democrat.
I’m so excited — this is my first Democratic dinner,” she said. “I’m the Democrat, and he’s my guest.”
“I don’t really know that many Democrats yet,” she added. “I’m getting to know the family.”
Carole Crist said she was a registered Republican in New York before she and Crist were married, but switched her Florida registration to Democratic a year ago—“I just made the decision,” she said. “I was very impressed with the president.”
More from William March here.