- Doctors, gun-control groups to appeal ‘docs vs. glocks’ ruling
- Pinellas’ tourism guru takes new job
- Times makes recommendations in Pinellas-Pasco court campaigns
- New video, website blast Colleen Burton as “just too liberal” for HD 40
- Claims bill filed for $6.87M settlement in off-duty officer’s death
- Legislative staff receive briefing on perils of pot biz money
Frank Farkas widens fundraising lead over Dwight Dudley in HD 68 race
With Jeff Brandes looking to move to the State Senate, his former district is up for grabs. Newly drawn, District 68 includes an eastern portion of Pinellas County, encompassing Pinellas Park and northern parts of St. Petersburg.
Based on the most recent campaign finance reports, covering August 10 to September 14, former State Rep. Frank Farkas has widened his fundraising lead over Dwight Dudley.
Democrat Dwight Dudley — who has no primary opponents — raised $8,270, bringing his overall total to $50,6600. Among his contributors are Democratic stalwarts, such as labor unions and trial attorneys. Dudley has only spent $8,397, a sure sign of a disciplined campaign.
Dudley’s efforts, however, lag behind Farkas, who continues to put together impressive fundraising periods. The St. Petersburg chiropractor added $37,833 to his treasury, bringing his overall total to $116,459.
Of course, these hard-dollar numbers will likely pale in comparison to what the leadership committees and state parties will spend in this race.