- Rick Scott pollster puts him up in three-way race, 50% in head-to-head
- Rubio: Same-sex marriage foes face ‘intolerance’
- Greenlight campaign drops first mailer
- Groups ask judge to move election and draw new map
- Firm criticized for design of Enterprise Florida’s re-branding runs into similar trouble in Clearwater
- GOP House candidates Dane Eagle, Chris Sprowls each launch new TV ads
Charlie Crist speaking today at USC’s Schwarzenegger Institute’s inaugural symposium
Former Florida Governor Charlie Crist is slated to speak at today’s inaugural symposium of The University of Southern California’s Schwarzenegger Institute for State and Global Policy.
The opening session, to be moderated by Cokie Roberts, “[b]rings together national political leaders from both sides of the aisle and luminaries from the environmental community and entertainment industry. … ‘I learned that the best solutions to the challenges we face come only when all sides are willing to meet in the middle and engage respectfully … ,’ said [former California governor Arnold] Schwarzenegger, the institute’s chairman. … The institute is housed at the USC Price School of Public Policy, and its dean, Jack H. Knott, added: ‘Governor Schwarzenegger has the unparalleled ability to bring together this diverse program.”
Other speakers will include former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle … Sen. John McCain … former Governor of New Mexico and former Energy Secretary Bill Richardson … first Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge … Academy Award-winning film director and co-chairman of Cameron Pace Group James Cameron … Co-chairman of Lionsgate Motion Picture Group Rob Friedman … Chairman of Imagine Entertainment Brian Grazer … Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Jimmy Iovine … Ron Meyer, president and chief operating officer, Universal Studios, NBCUniversal.
Material from Mike Allen’s Politico Playbook was used in this report.