- Candidate hoping to make Florida Medical Association’s position on Medicaid an issue in HD 6 race
- Flordia business denies hiring George Zimmerman as security
- Florida Sheriffs name Jack Latvala their “Legislator of the Year”
- Florida’s consumer confidence hits new post-recession high
- Adrian Wyllie launching statewide tour of craft breweries
- Charlie Crist outlines actions he will take on first day back in office
Is Obama headed for an Electoral College blowout?
Some political scientists and Democratic strategists believe it’s now possible that President Obama could replicate his break-out Electoral College map from 2008, with the exception of Indiana, even if the popular vote is closer than four years ago, Politico reports.
“He’s in a position to get close to 350 electoral votes, without a doubt,” said Democratic strategist Tad Devine. “The president and his campaign successfully identified states where they could beat Romney, set out to define Romney in those places and did so well through the course of the spring and summer.”