- New House Majority PAC ad blasts Steve Southerland for forgetting the folks back home
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
Is Obama headed for an Electoral College blowout?
Some political scientists and Democratic strategists believe it’s now possible that President Obama could replicate his break-out Electoral College map from 2008, with the exception of Indiana, even if the popular vote is closer than four years ago, Politico reports.
“He’s in a position to get close to 350 electoral votes, without a doubt,” said Democratic strategist Tad Devine. “The president and his campaign successfully identified states where they could beat Romney, set out to define Romney in those places and did so well through the course of the spring and summer.”