- Patrick Murphy to seek national Silver Alert program
- How the First District Court of Appeal ignored Florida voters
- On Tim Morgan: The man behind the man behind the fight for medical marijuana in Florida
- 5 things to know about possible Senate uncertainty
- Declining median incomes becomes anti-Rick Scott talking point for Fla. Dems
- Astronauts getting 3-D printer at space station
Is Obama headed for an Electoral College blowout?
Some political scientists and Democratic strategists believe it’s now possible that President Obama could replicate his break-out Electoral College map from 2008, with the exception of Indiana, even if the popular vote is closer than four years ago, Politico reports.
“He’s in a position to get close to 350 electoral votes, without a doubt,” said Democratic strategist Tad Devine. “The president and his campaign successfully identified states where they could beat Romney, set out to define Romney in those places and did so well through the course of the spring and summer.”