- Tampa Tribune issues endorsements in Pinellas Commission primaries
- Unilever to lay off more than 200 in Clearwater plant closure
- Four groups endorse Ken Peluso for Pinellas County School Board
- Greenlight Pinellas to take its message to the phones
- Judge won’t lift Florida Keys gay marriage stay
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune launches new effort to cover pot industry
Must-see chart: Americans work the least to pay for their beer
The Economist charts the amount of work required to buy a beer.
Analysts at UBS have calculated that it takes a German earning the national median wage just under seven minutes of work to purchase half a litre of beer at a retail outlet. At the bottom of the pint glass, low wages and high taxes mean that boozers in India must toil for nearly an hour before they have earned enough to quench their thirst.