- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
Denise Grimsely, Don Gaetz to State Senate candidate fundraisers
House Appropriations Chairwoman Denise Grimsley raised $60,550 between Aug. 10 and Sept. 14, giving her an overall total of $833,081 as she runs in Senate District 21, new campaign-finance records via the News Service of Florida show.
Grimsley, whose Democratic opponent Stacy Anderson McCland has raised a total of $6,060, is the top fund-raiser among all Senate candidates. Next closest is incoming Senate President Don Gaet who has raised a total of $691,300 for his race against no-party candidate Richard Harrison.
The top fund-raiser during the most-recent period was Sen. Ellyn Bogdanoff who brought in $94,841 for her race against Sen. Maria Sachs in District 34. Sachs collected $63,866 during the period.