- In wake of beheadings, Busch Gardens removes decapitated props
- Carl Folkman receives military endorsement in quiet District 4 County Commission race
- FSU trustees to make presidential pick Tuesday afternoon
- 2016 could bring a chance for revenge for Charlie Crist
- Uber adds XL cars to fleet
- NextGen Climate launches “Rick Scott’s Ark” for wealthy climate deniers
Denise Grimsely, Don Gaetz to State Senate candidate fundraisers
House Appropriations Chairwoman Denise Grimsley raised $60,550 between Aug. 10 and Sept. 14, giving her an overall total of $833,081 as she runs in Senate District 21, new campaign-finance records via the News Service of Florida show.
Grimsley, whose Democratic opponent Stacy Anderson McCland has raised a total of $6,060, is the top fund-raiser among all Senate candidates. Next closest is incoming Senate President Don Gaet who has raised a total of $691,300 for his race against no-party candidate Richard Harrison.
The top fund-raiser during the most-recent period was Sen. Ellyn Bogdanoff who brought in $94,841 for her race against Sen. Maria Sachs in District 34. Sachs collected $63,866 during the period.