- Probe exposes flaws behind Healthcare.gov rollout
- Colin Powell maybe not told early about CIA techniques
- Sunshine Law violation charges dropped against Chris Dorworth’s girlfriend, Rebekah Hammond
- Ethics panel tosses complaints against Rick Scott, Charlie Crist
- U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy introduces legislation to restore Indian River Lagoon
- Reggie Fullwood sues state over disqualification in HD 113 race
Former Congressman Patrick Murphy endorses Jessica Ehrlich for CD 13
“Despite Bill Young’s past commitment to our veterans through the decades, after 42 years in Congress it’s clear he’s lost touch when he earns an ‘F’ rating from the Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America and opposes President Obama’s Veterans’ Jobs bill,” said Murphy.
“Jessica Ehrlich understands the needs of America’s next generation of returning heroes – our Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. She will work to fully fund our VA hospitals, she understands we need to veterans back to work once they served our country with training programs and she understands that we cannot just thank our veterans one day and go back to work the next. Jessica wants an ongoing to commitment to our veterans from the moment they enlist and for the rest of their lives and their families lives.”
“I’m proud to receive Congressman Murphy’s support. He has stood for veterans time and time again and its an honor to stand with him now for all the veterans across the country. I want to go to Congress to honor our government’s sacred trust with veterans. To vote for continued education, to prevent homelessness among our veterans and to fully fund our VA hospitals.”
Murphy was the first veteran of the Iraq War to serve in Congress. He is perhaps best known for his successful effort to repeal the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy in the military.