- Back-to-school sales tax holiday weekend runs Friday through Sunday
- Associated Industries makes endorsements in key legislative races
- Sen. Kelli Stargel launches broadside against consultant Anthony Pedicini, while weighing in on HD 40 race
- Marco Rubio special guest at Iowa Republicans picnic
- Gov. Scott questions Citizens travel costs
- Driving high questioned on busy day in Congress
In HD 63, Shawn Harrison has big cash haul
With a major boost from the state Republican Party, Representative Shawn Harrison brought in $61,825 between September 15 and September 28 for his House District 63 race, newly filed records via the News Service of Florida show. The party provided $49,000 of that amount, which helped boost Harrison to an overall fund-raising total of $249,950. Harrison’s opponent, Tampa Democrat Mark Danish, had raised $11,119 through Sept. 14, though his latest report had not been posted Thursday on the state Division of Elections website.