- Dwight Dudley lead over Bill Young in HD 68 drops to single point
- Rick Scott lead widens 44% to 39% against Charlie Crist in new WFLA poll
- GOP HD 65 hopeful Chris Sprowls opens six-point gap with Carl Zimmerman
- New Charlie Crist ad knocks “Shady” Rick Scott’s education cuts
- Universities want boost in aid for needy students
- Jeff Brandes endorses Bill Young for House District 68
In HD 63, Shawn Harrison has big cash haul
With a major boost from the state Republican Party, Representative Shawn Harrison brought in $61,825 between September 15 and September 28 for his House District 63 race, newly filed records via the News Service of Florida show. The party provided $49,000 of that amount, which helped boost Harrison to an overall fund-raising total of $249,950. Harrison’s opponent, Tampa Democrat Mark Danish, had raised $11,119 through Sept. 14, though his latest report had not been posted Thursday on the state Division of Elections website.