- Gov. Scott to barnstorm the state with tax cut proposal
- Obama seeks to do no harm to Democrats in midterms
- 2016-ers jockey even before congressional elections
- Brace yourselves: Campaign cash buying tons of ads
- Sunburn for 9/1 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- 1 killed in small plane crash near Albert Whitted Airport
In HD 63, Shawn Harrison has big cash haul
With a major boost from the state Republican Party, Representative Shawn Harrison brought in $61,825 between September 15 and September 28 for his House District 63 race, newly filed records via the News Service of Florida show. The party provided $49,000 of that amount, which helped boost Harrison to an overall fund-raising total of $249,950. Harrison’s opponent, Tampa Democrat Mark Danish, had raised $11,119 through Sept. 14, though his latest report had not been posted Thursday on the state Division of Elections website.