- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Meet Kristen McDonald – one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
- Personnel Note: Sal Nuzzo joins James Madison Institute as policy VP
- Meet Stephen Lawson – one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
- Meet Michael Worley – one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
- FSU Presidential Search Advisory Committee to select finalists for Board’s consideration
- Meet Morgan McCord — one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
Joe Abruzzo, David Simmons add to State Senate war chests
Rep. Joseph Abruzzo collected $19,850 in contributions between Sept. 15 and Sept 28 and extended his fund-raising lead over Republican Melanie Peterson in Senate District 25, newly filed records show. Abruzzo reported raising an overall total of $173,429, with nearly $100,000 still on hand. Peterson raised $5,400 during the most-recent period and had collected an overall total of $30,725.
Running in a relatively quiet race, Simmons collected $34,522 in campaign contributions. Simmons has raised an overall total of $326,264 and reported having about $200,000 still on hand. He received contributions during the most recent period from major Tallahassee players, such as companies related to Walt Disney World.