- Three problems with this press release re: Nan Rich’s BBQ in West Pasco
- New Jersey sues over Florida pizza shop logo
- Wine collector set for sentencing on fraud charges
- Charlie Crist: “I’m not a scientist either but I can use my brain and I can talk to one”
- Tampa Trib offers key endorsement of Sean Shaw in HD 61 race
- DOH’s Office of Compassionate Use says draft rules on Charlotte’s Web delayed
Aaron Bean adds $46K during latest fundraising period for SD 4 race
After emerging from a fierce primary battle, former Rep. Aaron Bean raised $46,330 between Sept. 15 and Sept. 28 as he tries to hold off Democrat Nancy Soderberg in Senate District 4. Newly filed reports via the News Service of Florida show Bean has collected $597,057 overall, though he has spent $525,485 — mostly during his August primary win over Rep. Mike Weinstein, R-Jacksonville. Bean received money from a wide range of donors during the most-recent period, including some from prominent players in the health-care industry. Those donors included Humana, Inc., and the Florida Hospital Association. While serving in the House, Bean was the top health- and human-services budget writer. Soderberg, a college professor and former ambassador in the Clinton administration, raised $122,466 through Sept. 14.