- Email Insights: Bill Nelson sends his first pro-Charlie Crist email
- Email Insights: Charlie Crist’s plan is “rock-solid,” says Martin O’Malley
- Obama, Clinton urge women to back Democrats
- While other 2016ers are building campaigns, Jeb Bush is building his business empire
- RNC again tops DNC; Democrats’ House and Senate committees best GOP rivals
- Florida town knew shooter had troubled past
Aaron Bean adds $46K during latest fundraising period for SD 4 race
After emerging from a fierce primary battle, former Rep. Aaron Bean raised $46,330 between Sept. 15 and Sept. 28 as he tries to hold off Democrat Nancy Soderberg in Senate District 4. Newly filed reports via the News Service of Florida show Bean has collected $597,057 overall, though he has spent $525,485 — mostly during his August primary win over Rep. Mike Weinstein, R-Jacksonville. Bean received money from a wide range of donors during the most-recent period, including some from prominent players in the health-care industry. Those donors included Humana, Inc., and the Florida Hospital Association. While serving in the House, Bean was the top health- and human-services budget writer. Soderberg, a college professor and former ambassador in the Clinton administration, raised $122,466 through Sept. 14.