- New House Majority PAC ad blasts Steve Southerland for forgetting the folks back home
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
Aaron Bean adds $46K during latest fundraising period for SD 4 race
After emerging from a fierce primary battle, former Rep. Aaron Bean raised $46,330 between Sept. 15 and Sept. 28 as he tries to hold off Democrat Nancy Soderberg in Senate District 4. Newly filed reports via the News Service of Florida show Bean has collected $597,057 overall, though he has spent $525,485 — mostly during his August primary win over Rep. Mike Weinstein, R-Jacksonville. Bean received money from a wide range of donors during the most-recent period, including some from prominent players in the health-care industry. Those donors included Humana, Inc., and the Florida Hospital Association. While serving in the House, Bean was the top health- and human-services budget writer. Soderberg, a college professor and former ambassador in the Clinton administration, raised $122,466 through Sept. 14.