- Red tide off northwest Florida could hit economy
- FSU’s Jameis Winston apologizes; Sean Maguire will start against Clemson Saturday
- Crime and opportunity in Midtown, St. Petersburg
- National Rifle Association to aid Rick Scott’s re-elect as part of $11.4 million effort
- PSTA posts record-breaking summer ridership
- What stinky armpits could tell you about a person’s political beliefs may shock you
Dorothy Hukill collects another $32K for SD 8 battle with Frank Bruno
In a closely watched Senate race, state Rep. Dorothy Hukill, R-Port Orange, collected $32,114 in contributions between Sept. 15 and Sept. 28, giving her an overall total of $427,951, newly filed reports via the News Service of Florida show. Hukill is running against Democrat Frank Bruno, the chairman of the Volusia County Council, for an open seat in the redrawn Senate District 8, which includes much of Volusia, a large chunk of Marion County and a corner of Lake County. Bruno raised $307,863 through Sept. 14, though his latest figures had not been posted to the state Division of Elections website as of early afternoon Friday.