- GE plant to bring 250 jobs to Clearwater and $50 million in capital investment
- Daniel Diaz Leyva hits $200,000 raised mark in House District 112 race
- Ted Yoho is “biggest threat to GOP” in midterms, columnist says
- Times editorial: Rick Scott must stop misleading voters about rail
- First bills filed for 2015 legislative session
- Arthenia Joyner endorses Sean Shaw in HD 61
Dorothy Hukill collects another $32K for SD 8 battle with Frank Bruno
In a closely watched Senate race, state Rep. Dorothy Hukill, R-Port Orange, collected $32,114 in contributions between Sept. 15 and Sept. 28, giving her an overall total of $427,951, newly filed reports via the News Service of Florida show. Hukill is running against Democrat Frank Bruno, the chairman of the Volusia County Council, for an open seat in the redrawn Senate District 8, which includes much of Volusia, a large chunk of Marion County and a corner of Lake County. Bruno raised $307,863 through Sept. 14, though his latest figures had not been posted to the state Division of Elections website as of early afternoon Friday.