- 2 Pinellas chickens test positive for encephalitis
- Boca Raton City leaders endorse Rep. Bill Hager for re-election to HD 89
- As U.S. job market strenghens, many don’t feel it
- With new registration law in place, 27 lobbyists file to influence SWFWMD
- A blogger walks out of a bar … and into Adrian Wyllie’s supporters
- NFIB endorses Jay Trumbull in House District 5
US Reps. Vern Buchanan, Bill Young with wide leads over challengers Jessica Ehrlich, Keith Fitzgerald
Republican congressman Vern Buchanan and Bill Young have opened up wide leads over their Democratic challengers Jessica Ehrlich and Keith Ftizgerald, according to a new survey conducted by St. Pete Polls.
In CD 13, Young leads Ehrlich 49% to 40%, a nine-point gap that represents both a tall challenge for Ehrlich to surmount, but also a divide that is likely as close as any previous challenger has come to defeating Young.
In the congressional district just south of Young’s, incumbent Vern Buchanan seems to be fending off the challenge presented by former state legislator Keith Fitzgerald. Buchanan leads Fitzgerald by 17 points, 55% to 38%.
The automated phone poll was conducted on October 3 and has a 4.3% margin of error.