- News media wants access to redistricting records
- Carlos Lopez-Cantera talks Cuban embargo, Florida Hispanics and working with Rick Scott
- Sunburn for 7/22 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- SpaceX chooses Texas for launch facility, a setback for Space Florida
- Tampa Tribune issues endorsements in Pinellas Commission primaries
- Unilever to lay off more than 200 in Clearwater plant closure
US Reps. Vern Buchanan, Bill Young with wide leads over challengers Jessica Ehrlich, Keith Fitzgerald
Republican congressman Vern Buchanan and Bill Young have opened up wide leads over their Democratic challengers Jessica Ehrlich and Keith Ftizgerald, according to a new survey conducted by St. Pete Polls.
In CD 13, Young leads Ehrlich 49% to 40%, a nine-point gap that represents both a tall challenge for Ehrlich to surmount, but also a divide that is likely as close as any previous challenger has come to defeating Young.
In the congressional district just south of Young’s, incumbent Vern Buchanan seems to be fending off the challenge presented by former state legislator Keith Fitzgerald. Buchanan leads Fitzgerald by 17 points, 55% to 38%.
The automated phone poll was conducted on October 3 and has a 4.3% margin of error.