- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Shock poll: Alan Grayson up just three points over Todd Long in CD 9
Here is a shock poll likely to reverberate from Central Florida to Washington D.C.: Former congressman Alan Grayson is just three points ahead of once-forgotten long-shot candidate Todd Long, according to a new poll conducted by StPetePolls.org.
In the survey conducted last week (with a margin of error of 5.1%), the Democratic firebrand garners 45.0%, while Long polls at 42.2%.
Grayson was expected to win easily the race for Congressional District 9, but he has not broken away from Long, an avowed Tea Party candidate, in recent polling.
Grayson and Long are running in the 9th Congressional District, which includes Davenport, Haines City and Poinciana and other portions of northeast Polk County along with portions of Osceola and Orange counties.