- 2 Pinellas chickens test positive for encephalitis
- Boca Raton City leaders endorse Rep. Bill Hager for re-election to HD 89
- As U.S. job market strenghens, many don’t feel it
- With new registration law in place, 27 lobbyists file to influence SWFWMD
- A blogger walks out of a bar … and into Adrian Wyllie’s supporters
- NFIB endorses Jay Trumbull in House District 5
Shock poll: Alan Grayson up just three points over Todd Long in CD 9
Here is a shock poll likely to reverberate from Central Florida to Washington D.C.: Former congressman Alan Grayson is just three points ahead of once-forgotten long-shot candidate Todd Long, according to a new poll conducted by StPetePolls.org.
In the survey conducted last week (with a margin of error of 5.1%), the Democratic firebrand garners 45.0%, while Long polls at 42.2%.
Grayson was expected to win easily the race for Congressional District 9, but he has not broken away from Long, an avowed Tea Party candidate, in recent polling.
Grayson and Long are running in the 9th Congressional District, which includes Davenport, Haines City and Poinciana and other portions of northeast Polk County along with portions of Osceola and Orange counties.