- Walt McNeil to Rick Scott: if you believe Charlie Crist swindled people then investigate
- Florida lawmakers urge action on Everglades: ‘Get it done’
- NFIB names Marco Rubio a “Guardian of Small Business”
- Gov. Scott appoints Rep. Jimmy Patronis as utility regulator
- Son of a pot-smuggler to discuss emerging legal marijuana business at Eckerd College
- Bill Edwards says he was not responsible for ending Al Lang deal, ready to make deal
Shock poll: Alan Grayson up just three points over Todd Long in CD 9
Here is a shock poll likely to reverberate from Central Florida to Washington D.C.: Former congressman Alan Grayson is just three points ahead of once-forgotten long-shot candidate Todd Long, according to a new poll conducted by StPetePolls.org.
In the survey conducted last week (with a margin of error of 5.1%), the Democratic firebrand garners 45.0%, while Long polls at 42.2%.
Grayson was expected to win easily the race for Congressional District 9, but he has not broken away from Long, an avowed Tea Party candidate, in recent polling.
Grayson and Long are running in the 9th Congressional District, which includes Davenport, Haines City and Poinciana and other portions of northeast Polk County along with portions of Osceola and Orange counties.