- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
Shock poll: Alan Grayson up just three points over Todd Long in CD 9
Here is a shock poll likely to reverberate from Central Florida to Washington D.C.: Former congressman Alan Grayson is just three points ahead of once-forgotten long-shot candidate Todd Long, according to a new poll conducted by StPetePolls.org.
In the survey conducted last week (with a margin of error of 5.1%), the Democratic firebrand garners 45.0%, while Long polls at 42.2%.
Grayson was expected to win easily the race for Congressional District 9, but he has not broken away from Long, an avowed Tea Party candidate, in recent polling.
Grayson and Long are running in the 9th Congressional District, which includes Davenport, Haines City and Poinciana and other portions of northeast Polk County along with portions of Osceola and Orange counties.