- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
Direct mail round-up: Candidate attacked because she playing online game, World of Warcraft
The Maine GOP targets a State Senate candidate for spending so much time playing the online game World of Warcraft.
“I love poisoning and stabbing! It is fun,” the flyer quotes Lachowicz as saying [about her time spent playing World of Warcraft]. The candidate is apparently a regular commenter at DailyKos, a liberal blog. And the Maine GOP has mined the site looking for what it regards as damning comments. Most of Lachowicz’s remarks were posted in 2009 or 2010, most likely before she began her current campaign for office. “I can kill stuff without going to jail,” she wrote in December 2009. “There are some days when this is more necessary than others.”