- Hot sun, cold beer: Great Bay Distributors does it right!
- Charlie Crist gets another share of public matching money
- Bitcoin is taking root in St. Pete, but what in the blazes is it?
- How private companies reap profits from public schools
- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for Aug. 22-24
- Candidates in HD 65 & 67 to enter the Tiger’s Den next Wednesday
Ken Welch continues to pick up endorsements as Election Day nears
First, there was his “Welch 100,” a broad-based list of over 100 faith, community, political, and business leaders.
Earlier this week, Welch’s campaign released a list of an additional 12 endorsements that further illustrates his support from diverse groups, including: Florida Professional Firefighters; St. Pete Firefighters, Local 747; Pinellas Realtors Organization; West Central Florida Federation of Labor (WCFFL); Florida Consumer Action Network (FCAN); Equality Florida PAC; Tampa Bay Area Transit Workers Union; Pinellas County Medical Association; Pinellas Dental Association; Upper Pinellas Dental Association; Stonewall Democrats PAC; and, Keeping Citizens First PAC.
“I am proud to receive these endorsements from so many diverse and engaged organizations. From our first responders, to Pinellas working families, to those who fight day in and day out for our civil liberties, I am humbled to represent such committed citizens and look forward to continuing as their county commissioner,” Welch said.
Welch has represented Pinellas County’s District 7 since 2000, and is currently the Commission Vice Chairman.
District 7 encompasses most of St. Petersburg, Lealman, Gulfport, South Pasadena, Kenneth City, and parts of Pinellas Park.