- Florida power utilities fear return of ‘Green Governor’ Crist
- Cuba cracks down on goods in flyers’ luggage
- How social media helped Jay Fant and Jay Trumbull win their state House races
- Florida ranks No. 4 in U.S. for arrest-related deaths
- Gov. Rick Scott announces seven appointments, five reappointments
- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
Bill Nelson adds $2.3 mil to campaign coffers, is at $6.5 mil cash-on-hand
Bill Nelson’s re-election campaign announced today it will report raising $2 point 3 million for the just-ended third quarter of the year, bringing his overall total raised for the campaign to more than $16 million.
Nelson ended the recent fundraising period with more than $6.5 million in the bank – which is at least twice what his GOP opponent will have on hand.
Overall in the campaign, Nelson has raised $16.2 million while his opponent has raised roughly only $6 million.
“When all the fundraising and polling are done, the voters of Florida will make a choice,” said Ryan Brown, a campaign spokesman. “And in this election they have a clear choice: a common-sense senator who has a record of honesty and integrity versus a congressman beholding to special interests, someone that newspapers say has an undistinguished record and a checkered past.”