- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Sheriff candidate Scott Swope paid $3K for vasectomy reversal even as his mortgage went unpaid
Here is the one paragraph, courtesy of Peter Jamison of the Tampa Bay Times, that puts to an end any chance Democrat Scott Swope had at becoming Pinellas County Sheriff:
“Swope’s private finances are also less than tidy. In 2009, a judge overseeing his divorce chided him for his budgeting priorities. Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Judge Jack Helinger stated in a written order that Swope had spent $5,000 on an engagement ring for his new fiancee and $3,000 on a vasectomy reversal, even as the mortgage went unpaid on the house still occupied by his ex-wife.”
Sorry, Scott, you’re a nice guy but that’s game, set, match.