- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for Sept. 19-21
- Hearing for Charlotte’s Web challenge scheduled for October 14 & 15
- Coming Monday: Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Circuit Judge to be reprimanded and fined $25,000
- Twitter updates how-to manual for politicians and campaigns
- Rep. Charlie Stone files for re-election
Sheriff candidate Scott Swope paid $3K for vasectomy reversal even as his mortgage went unpaid
Here is the one paragraph, courtesy of Peter Jamison of the Tampa Bay Times, that puts to an end any chance Democrat Scott Swope had at becoming Pinellas County Sheriff:
“Swope’s private finances are also less than tidy. In 2009, a judge overseeing his divorce chided him for his budgeting priorities. Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Judge Jack Helinger stated in a written order that Swope had spent $5,000 on an engagement ring for his new fiancee and $3,000 on a vasectomy reversal, even as the mortgage went unpaid on the house still occupied by his ex-wife.”
Sorry, Scott, you’re a nice guy but that’s game, set, match.