- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
In HD 68, Dwight Dudley announces new endorsement from several local leaders
Dwight Dudley, Democratic candidate for House District 68, today announced additional prominent Pinellas County and municipal elected officials supporting his campaign, including Pinellas County Commissioner Ken Welch, Pinellas County School Board Member Linda Lerner and St. Petersburg City Councilmember Jim Kennedy.
“I’m grateful for the support of these dedicated public servants in St. Petersburg and Pinellas County,” said Dwight Dudley. “Educating our children, building smarter cities and improving our roads, transportation and schools are responsibilities they take very seriously. In Tallahassee, I’ll have their back by reducing unfunded mandates and refocusing our budget priorities.”
“Dwight Dudley knows that the path to a better, stronger economy is through high-quality education,” said School Board Member Linda Lerner. “I’m confident Dwight will be a strong advocate in Tallahassee for Pinellas County’s students, teachers and public schools.”
Today’s endorsements follow those of other local leaders including State Rep. Rick Kriseman, State Rep. Darryl Rouson, State Rep. Bill Heller, State Rep. Bob Henriquez, Pinellas Park City Councilmember Patricia Johnson, Pinellas Park City Councilmember Jerry Mullins, St. Petersburg City Councilmember Charlie Gerdes, St. Petersburg City Councilmember Bill Dudley, St. Petersburg City Councilmember Steve Kornell and St. Petersburg City Councilmember Karl Nurse.