- Back-to-school sales tax holiday weekend runs Friday through Sunday
- Associated Industries makes endorsements in key legislative races
- Sen. Kelli Stargel launches broadside against consultant Anthony Pedicini, while weighing in on HD 40 race
- Marco Rubio special guest at Iowa Republicans picnic
- Gov. Scott questions Citizens travel costs
- Driving high questioned on busy day in Congress
In HD 68, Dwight Dudley announces new endorsement from several local leaders
Dwight Dudley, Democratic candidate for House District 68, today announced additional prominent Pinellas County and municipal elected officials supporting his campaign, including Pinellas County Commissioner Ken Welch, Pinellas County School Board Member Linda Lerner and St. Petersburg City Councilmember Jim Kennedy.
“I’m grateful for the support of these dedicated public servants in St. Petersburg and Pinellas County,” said Dwight Dudley. “Educating our children, building smarter cities and improving our roads, transportation and schools are responsibilities they take very seriously. In Tallahassee, I’ll have their back by reducing unfunded mandates and refocusing our budget priorities.”
“Dwight Dudley knows that the path to a better, stronger economy is through high-quality education,” said School Board Member Linda Lerner. “I’m confident Dwight will be a strong advocate in Tallahassee for Pinellas County’s students, teachers and public schools.”
Today’s endorsements follow those of other local leaders including State Rep. Rick Kriseman, State Rep. Darryl Rouson, State Rep. Bill Heller, State Rep. Bob Henriquez, Pinellas Park City Councilmember Patricia Johnson, Pinellas Park City Councilmember Jerry Mullins, St. Petersburg City Councilmember Charlie Gerdes, St. Petersburg City Councilmember Bill Dudley, St. Petersburg City Councilmember Steve Kornell and St. Petersburg City Councilmember Karl Nurse.