- Polk County business alliance launches “No Tax No Way” online campaign
- Tampa Bay Rays pitch $25,000 into Greenlight Pinellas campaign
- Rick Scott campaign approaches $8M in fundraising
- Carlos Curbelo calls Medicare and Social Security “Ponzi schemes” in DC talk
- Florida Supreme Court holds testy hearing on secret evidence
- Florida Democrats pounce as 6,000 Florida jobs disappear
Sen. Audrey Gibson files ethics complaint over mailers
Sen. Audrey Gibson has filed a complaint with the state ethics commission against a group that has pretended to be a Democratic-leaning organization while sending out mail pieces in Senate races, The Florida Times-Union reported.
Gibson contends that the group, known as “Progressives,” has received contributions but has not reported them as required by state law. The group has been linked to Republican operatives and has sent out critical mailers about several Democratic Senate candidates, including Gibson. It is registered with the state as what is known as an “electioneering communication organization,” which requires it to disclose money it receives and spends.