- Batman creator’s personal copies to be auctioned
- Carl Domino’s absurd plan would have many minority U.S. Reps working for less than minimum wage
- Obama: U.S. takes Ebola outbreak in Africa seriously
- Attorney General Eric Holder hammers Rick Scott on voting issues
- Florida Poly, Mosaic sign educational partnership
- Tampa Bay Comic Con pop culture festival arrives this weekend
Sen. Audrey Gibson files ethics complaint over mailers
Sen. Audrey Gibson has filed a complaint with the state ethics commission against a group that has pretended to be a Democratic-leaning organization while sending out mail pieces in Senate races, The Florida Times-Union reported.
Gibson contends that the group, known as “Progressives,” has received contributions but has not reported them as required by state law. The group has been linked to Republican operatives and has sent out critical mailers about several Democratic Senate candidates, including Gibson. It is registered with the state as what is known as an “electioneering communication organization,” which requires it to disclose money it receives and spends.