- Polk County business alliance launches “No Tax No Way” online campaign
- Tampa Bay Rays pitch $25,000 into Greenlight Pinellas campaign
- Rick Scott campaign approaches $8M in fundraising
- Carlos Curbelo calls Medicare and Social Security “Ponzi schemes” in DC talk
- Florida Supreme Court holds testy hearing on secret evidence
- Florida Democrats pounce as 6,000 Florida jobs disappear
Direct mail round-up: Outside groups target Justice and Long, tout Farkas
A couple of interesting direct mailers arrived, both from “outside” groups looking to influence local elections in Pinellas.
The first one (courtesy of the Tampa Bay Times’ Anna Phillips, although I have since received) targets Charlie Justice and Janet Long.
This mailer was sent by Main Street Leadership Council, which Phillips reports has received most of its money from committees backed by Reps. Richard Corcorand and Will Weatherford.
The second mailer comes via the Florida Federation for Children, the pro-voucher organization which has previously been heavily involved in state legislative races and is connected to American Federation for Children.