- Gov. Scott to barnstorm the state with tax cut proposal
- Obama seeks to do no harm to Democrats in midterms
- 2016-ers jockey even before congressional elections
- Brace yourselves: Campaign cash buying tons of ads
- Sunburn for 9/1 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- 1 killed in small plane crash near Albert Whitted Airport
Direct mail round-up: Outside groups target Justice and Long, tout Farkas
A couple of interesting direct mailers arrived, both from “outside” groups looking to influence local elections in Pinellas.
The first one (courtesy of the Tampa Bay Times’ Anna Phillips, although I have since received) targets Charlie Justice and Janet Long.
This mailer was sent by Main Street Leadership Council, which Phillips reports has received most of its money from committees backed by Reps. Richard Corcorand and Will Weatherford.
The second mailer comes via the Florida Federation for Children, the pro-voucher organization which has previously been heavily involved in state legislative races and is connected to American Federation for Children.