- Probe exposes flaws behind Healthcare.gov rollout
- Powell maybe not told early about CIA techniques
- Sunshine Law violation charges dropped against Chris Dorworth’s girlfriend, Rebekah Hammond
- Ethics panel tosses complaints against Rick Scott, Charlie Crist
- U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy introduces legislation to restore Indian River Lagoon
- Reggie Fullwood sues state over disqualification in HD 113 race
Direct mail round-up: Outside groups target Justice and Long, tout Farkas
A couple of interesting direct mailers arrived, both from “outside” groups looking to influence local elections in Pinellas.
The first one (courtesy of the Tampa Bay Times’ Anna Phillips, although I have since received) targets Charlie Justice and Janet Long.
This mailer was sent by Main Street Leadership Council, which Phillips reports has received most of its money from committees backed by Reps. Richard Corcorand and Will Weatherford.
The second mailer comes via the Florida Federation for Children, the pro-voucher organization which has previously been heavily involved in state legislative races and is connected to American Federation for Children.