- Three problems with this press release re: Nan Rich’s BBQ in West Pasco
- New Jersey sues over Florida pizza shop logo
- Wine collector set for sentencing on fraud charges
- Charlie Crist: “I’m not a scientist either but I can use my brain and I can talk to one”
- Tampa Trib offers key endorsement of Sean Shaw in HD 61 race
- DOH’s Office of Compassionate Use says draft rules on Charlotte’s Web delayed
Obama, Romney combine to raise more than $350 million during September
Mitt Romney’s campaign said Monday that it had raised $170.4 million in the month of September, falling just short of the staggering $181 million monthly total reported by President Obama’s reelection campaign.
Spencer Zwick, Romney’s national finance chairman, said in an e-mail to top donors Monday that the campaign and the Republican National Committee’s joint fundraising committee brought in $170 million in September, by far the Republicans’ biggest haul of the campaign cycle. The Romney campaign later announced that the campaign, RNC and state party participants have approximately $191 million cash on hand.
During the first two weeks of October, the Romney campaign raised more than $27 million online in small-dollar contributions, campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul said.